Are you confused about who Jesus is and what being the Son means? Apparently you’re not alone. Here it’s revealed that Jesus as the Son is:
- Communicator (He has spoken to us)
- Majestic (He is the radiance of God’s glory)
- Divine (He is the representation of God’s essence)
- Lord (He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty)
- So, of course He is better than the angels!
And, the author of Hebrews (possibly Paul) goes on to show exactly how much greater than the angels He is! He quotes Psalm 2:7, 2 Samuel 7:14, Deuteronomy 32:43, Psalm 45:6-7, Psalm 102:25-27, and Psalm 110:1. The angels are ministering servants. Jesus is King!
Note: once again we see that it’s the Bible that informs our theology. We don’t allow our theology to rewrite the Bible!