Here are some thoughts based on today’s reading:
- By doing what Paul says, we stand in the Lord and God will be with us (1, 9).
- Even coworkers can disagree. We should do all that we can to find unity (2-3).
- Rejoice (4)!
- The Lord is near, so we witness by our gentleness (5).
- The Lord is near, so don’t be anxious. Pray instead, and you’ll find peace (5-7).
- Think about what is good, right and excellent (8). How would this change your tv habits?
- We should do what we can to help those who are in the ministry, and we will be blessed (17).
- God helps us through difficult circumstances. We can rely on Him (11-13). Too many people make verse 13 about everything else!
- With that in mind, does that make verse 19 about the spiritual? Or can it relate to the physical? What needs does God supply? Paul has just talked about the church sending a gift and meeting his needs. He sees that as a gift of God. I think that his words here relate to what he said in 2 Corinthians: “And God is able to make all grace overflow to you so that because you have enough of everything in every way at all times, you will overflow in every good work” (9:8). When we are willing to share what we have with others, God will take care of us so that we can continue in our generosity.