Paul continues his appeal to the Corinthians to be generous with their offering. As we read, we see several principles for our own giving:
- God blesses us materially so that we can bless others.
- When we give, we give willingly and cheerfully.
- We are blessed spiritually when we give (the harvest of our righteousness will grow, God will make all grace abound to us, and our righteousness will endure forever).
- A part of that blessing is that others will pray for us because of our obedience and our generosity.
- And, best of all, God will be glorified and thanked because of us as well!
- Our willingness to give is a poor reflection of the inexpressible gift that God has given to us in Christ.