Sermon outline for 5/29/22 (Radio broadcast 6/5/22) — “Esther”
Esther: An Important Reminder that God is There
I) The _____________ behind the book of Esther
A) The _____________
B) The _____________
C) The _____________
II) The ___________ of the book of Esther
A) A story of ____________
B) A story of _______________
C) A story of ancestral _____________
D) A story of _____________
E) A story of divine _____________
F) A story of _______, but He is not mentioned!
III) The history of the ___________ of Esther
IV) Why use the _____________ version?
A) We know that the ____________ was first
B) The longer version feels _______________
C) The text reminds us how God works ____________ the scenes
1) God’s presence can certainly be _____________
2) Other texts remind us how God works ________________
D) The text reminds us how God works _____________
V) How can we be _______________ that God is there?
A) He has given us _______________
B) He has given us His ___________
C) He has given us His ___________
D) But there still may be times when God seems _____________
1) This is sometimes called the “hiddenness of God"
or the "____________ of God"
2) It can be because of _______
3) But it can just _______________ too
E) If He seems ___________ in our lives it’s for a purpose!
1) The purpose may be for our _________ to be
2) Or for us to experience Him in an entirely _________